Looking to bring in more contemporary poetry into your classroom but don’t know where to start? Or maybe you have a couple favorite poems and poets, but you’re looking to add some new artists?
Thanks to my friend and rock star educator Scott Bayer, a resource now exists that you can use both as an individual teacher to explore living poets and to share with your students to allow them the freedom to inquire on their own.
This is what you’ll find once you’re in:
- 20 amazing poets (we’ll be adding more eventually)
- Links to author websites and where to buy their books
- Social media links to follow the artists and/or learn more about them as individuals
- Links to poem published online that are appropriate for grades 6-12
- Audio links to the artists reading their works
- Personalized video messages from poets about teaching living poets
Click HERE to access the interactive library.
7 thoughts on “Virtual library”
Pingback: Why teach living poets? | #TeachLivingPoets
Pingback: The Power of Teaching Contemporary Poetry
Pingback: Poetry of Identity Project Using the Living Poets Virtual Library | #TeachLivingPoets
Pingback: Happy National Poetry Month! – Witty English
Pingback: Living Poet Final Project & Presentation | #TeachLivingPoets
Pingback: #TeachLivingPoets Favorites for National Poetry Month | #TeachLivingPoets
I love this! I’m going to use it to help my students explore Living Poets.