Looking to bring in more contemporary poetry into your classroom but don’t know where to start? Or maybe you have a couple favorite poems and poets, but you’re looking to add some new artists?
Thanks to my friend and rock star educator Scott Bayer, a resource now exists that you can use both as an individual teacher to explore living poets and to share with your students to allow them the freedom to inquire on their own.
This is what you’ll find once you’re in:
- 20 amazing poets (we’ll be adding more eventually)
- Links to author websites and where to buy their books
- Social media links to follow the artists and/or learn more about them as individuals
- Links to poem published online that are appropriate for grades 6-12
- Audio links to the artists reading their works
- Personalized video messages from poets about teaching living poets
Click HERE to access the interactive library.
Thank you for reading! Do you have a story, lesson, activity, or something else to share with TeachLivingPoets.com? Be a guest author! Email me at email@example.com.
You can follow me on Twitter at @MelAlterSmith and please tweet all the awesome things you are doing in your class with the #TeachLivingPoets hashtag!