There is awesome #TeachLivingPoets work happening in schools all over the country! Check out these inspiring projects!
Finally, Carrie was inspired by James MacIndoe in Denver, Colorado, who also had his students create a poetry museum in their school. So cool!
These are the COOLEST spaces ever! I wish I had teachers like this in high school. This is so inspiring!
Want to do something like this at your school? Use the #TeachLivingPoets virtual library to have your student explore some of our favorite poets.
This is what you’ll find once you’re in:
- 20 amazing poets (we’ll be adding more eventually)
- Links to author websites and where to buy their books
- Social media links to follow the artists and/or learn more about them as individuals
- Links to poem published online that are appropriate for grades 6-12
- Audio links to the artists reading their works
- Personalized video messages from poets about teaching living poets
Need more? You can find more poets here.
Thank you for reading! Do you have a story, lesson, activity, or something else to share with TeachLivingPoets.com? Be a guest author! Email me at email@example.com.
You can follow me on Twitter at @MelAlterSmith and please tweet all the awesome things you are doing in your class with the #TeachLivingPoets hashtag!